Janamashtami Prasadi / Panjiri.
jai shree krushna,
On the mangal pragatya of Shree Krushna, various different samagris are prepared inorder to feed Yashoda Maiya , for her health…as we do in our house hold for the lady who delivers .
Various Panjiris –
1- Coriander Powder Panjiri the most common made in almost every mandir on this occasion of Janamashtami.
2. Sauth Panjiri – Made out of dried ginger.
3. Ajwain Panjiri – Made out of Ajwain / Carom seeds / Bishops weeds .
4. Khand Khopra – Desiccated dry coconut with sugar.
Makhan Misri the favourite of Shree Thakurji.
Ground nut Barfi.
Kesar Milk with dryfruits.
Many recipes already in the bhog samagri section can be referred .
- 1 cup. Coriander powder / Dhaniya powder.
- 4 Tbs. Ghee.
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped Almonds.
- 1/4 cup Makhana.
- 1/4 cup edible gum / gunder optional
- Heat Ghee in a kadhai, fry Almonds take out when done. Now fry Makhana take out when done. Add Dhaniya powder and fry / roast till smells done, please do it carefully so that it does not get burnt. Now allow it to cool. Add the roasted Almond, Makhana and the powdered sugar . Mix well. Store in air tight container.
- In addition to this if you like , you can also fry the edible gum and add to the Panjiri.