Jai Shree Krushna,
Payasam is KHEER – KSHEER , favourite to all Gods and Goddesses . A delicious Milk preparation done is many forms with many substitutes to Rice – Milk being a common medium to make KHEER – derived from KSHEER – in Sanskrit Ksheer means Milk. Here we have replaced Sugar the sweetner with Jaggary as sweetner . Let us offer this Golden Payasam to our beloved Shree Thakurji on every Friday.
- Milk – 1liter – Reduced to half.
- Basmati Rice – Handfull – washed.
- Gud – Jaggery – as per taste – handfull approximately
- Resins – Handfull
- Pistachios silvers for Garnishing
- Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp.
- 1 – Boil Milk and reduced it to half with washed Rice.
- 2- When cooked properly , thick in consistency switch off the gas.
- 3- Add Chopped Jaggery – stirring constantly .
- 4- Add washed Resins and Cardamom Powder and cover with lid.
- 5- Let the Payas Stand for few minutes . Serve with Garnishing of Pistachio Silver.
- 6- Also add little bit of Ghee on any Kheer / Paysam before offering to any deity.