Ghari a delicacy and a favourite of Shree Thakurji and Rushivar. Try this out and let Thakurji enjoy this rich sweet in this season of monsoon.
- 250 gms mawa (khoya)
- 100 gms powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp. Besan (gram flour)
- 1 cup maida (flour)
- Ghee for frying
- ½ cup almond and pistachio powder
- 1 tbsp. Cardamom powder
- A few strands of saffron
- Few slices of almond and pistachio
- Roast the mawa in a pan till it is dry and separated.
- Heat besan with tbsp. of ghee and let it cool down.
- Mix mawa, sugar, almond and pistachio powder and besan. Mix well and form the desired shape of balls.
- Mix ½ cup slightly warm ghee with 3 tbsp. powdered sugar and keep aside.
- Add 3 tbsp. of liquid ghee to the flour and form a soft dough.
- Roll into thin oblong puri and put the ball prepared in the step 3 above on one side, and fold the puri to cover the ball. Press lightly and cut off with katori so that the additional part of puri is cut off.
- Deep fry in ghee on low flame.
- When cold cover with the mixture prepared in step no. 4.
- Repeat with the remaining ghari.
- Sprinkle slices of almond and pistachio.
- Serve with lot of joy and love…..radhe radhe.