Chandra Kala / Lavang Lata
Jai Shree Krushna,
Chandrakala also known as Lavanglata – is a seasonal favourite during Diwali / Holi.
Instead of buying ready – let us make this elaborate looking simple sweet at home, and offer with feelings to Shree Thakurji , this Navratri .
- Maida – Refined flour -1 cup
- Rava (semolina)- 1/4 cup
- Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Milk – for kneading the dough
- Mava – 50 gms
- Powdered sugar – 2 tblsp
- Almonds – pistachios -chashew chopped- 1/4 cup
- Elaichi / powdered cardamom – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/3 cup
- Kesar / saffron
- Knead a soft dough of maida, rava, ghee and milk.
- Keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Sieve mava and roast it for 3-4 minutes in a kadai and Cool it.
- Add powdered sugar, cardamom, almonds, pistachios, cashews and mix well.Make 15 round pieces of it.
- Divide the firstly prepared dough into 30 portions and roll them out into small puris.
- Stuff one piece of mava preparation between two such puris.
- Seal the edges by pressing them lightly applying water on edges and make any design at the edges.
- Fry these pieces in hot ghee till crisp and light brown in colour.
- Set them aside to cool.
- Make a sugar syrup of one-string consistency with one-fourth cup of water simultaneously adding the kesar .
- Garnish the finished pieces of CHANDRAKALA with chopped nuts.